|Join the Squad|
Thank you for your interest in the Shrewsbury First Aid Squad. We are always looking for new members and we are anxious to meet you and assist you in joining our Squad.
- Please complete the form below.
- All applicants must agree to a fingerprint check and a background check.
Once the application for membership is received by the Squad, the candidate will be contacted within 30 days by a representative of the Squad’s Membership Committee to arrange an interview. You will also be instructed on the fingerprinting process.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old. Those between the ages of 16 and 18 join the Squad as Junior Members.
- Applicants must be residents of the Borough of Shrewsbury, live within a two mile radius of the first aid building, or work within the Borough of Shrewsbury.
- Applicants must pass fingerprint, background and motor vehicle record checks.
- Members must hold a current CPR card for Healthcare Professionals. This can be obtained as part of your first aid training program.
- EMT Members must maintain their status as certified EMTs in the State of New Jersey. The EMT certification can be obtained as part of an applicant’s training program.
- EMR Members must maintain their status as certified EMRs in the State of New Jersey. The EMR certification can be obtained as part of an applicant’s training program.
Upon acceptance into the Shrewsbury First Aid Squad, if you are not CPR and EMT/EMR certified, you will join the squad as a “Member-In-Training”. You can start responding to emergency calls after you’ve completed the Patient Assessment portion of the EMT/EMR training program. Members are expected to commit to a nighttime “Duty Crew” or to respond to daytime calls as agreed upon with the Squad Captain. Attendance at monthly Squad meetings and Drills and participation in working committees is also expected.
We look forward to meeting you and thank you for your interest in joining our Squad.
SFAS Membership Committee